Toronto Painters with Commercial & Residential Services
“Ecopainting did an amazing job for me. The feedback I got from the board of directors and the homeowners, they loved them!”
Sylvia O’ Brien of Colour Theory, Commercial Painting.
“Thank you for sending such hard-working, kind, respectful and helpful workers. I enjoyed having them in my home”
Linda Dale. Residential client North Toronto.
TRANSPARENCY: Meet our painters and learn about Ecopainting before hiring anyone. Click Here
Finding Reputable Painting Companies
Finding painters in a city the size of Toronto should be easy, right? Search in Google and you will find many of them. The “review sites” list hundreds of residential painters. The problem is, there are tens of thousands of perfect reviews and smart consumer don’t buy it. Perfection like this, you can’t even find in the Olympics. The Toronto contracting scene is not that perfect. What review companies don’t tell you, is that they get money from the companies being reviewed. In any other industry this is a blatant conflict of interest. Finding commercial painters is even more difficult.
Shady “subcontractor” antics.
You met the salesman, heard the lingo, signed the contract. Everything is arranged, and the painters arrive. Then you realize, the company that shows up is not the same one you hired!
What happened? The company you hired does not have any of their own painters. They have a contact list of “subs” and they sold your job to a low bidder. Sometimes for less than half of what you paid. Why? To save money on all their financial and insurance obligations. We think this is unethical and the consumer has all the risk.
How is Ecopainting Different?
Since you hired our company, we think it’s fair that we send you our own painters. We train our own employees and never use sub-contractors. We have been a reputable contractor in Toronto for over 20 years. Ask our customers and they will rave about our painters. We like to think that some of the best people work for our company. They are uniformed, professional and accountable. They deliver predictable levels of service.
Consumer Tip: Ask the sales person if they employ their own painters (on payroll). Ask them for some customer contact information, even a phone number or two.
This is a simple business to start, and anyone with a brush and a ladder calls themselves a painter.
Information for Commercial Painting Customers
You are a facility manager or business owner in need of a paint job for your space. There is only so much money in the budget and you need to use it wisely. Painting your building is not something you do every year. It’s a hassle and an inconvenience, so you want to do it properly.
Whether painting your office, store or any public space, the users of the facility should be priority. The painters may be working for days, even weeks. Managing a commercial project requires frequent communication and controlled expectations. For most customers, closing the facility for renovations is not an option. An experienced painting contractor understands the importance of proper sequencing of the work.
Expect the contractor to be professional. Ask about their procedures and staff policies. Bring forward any concerns you might have and ask to address them. Ask them about the products they use, even request Technical Data Sheets. Ask about their environmental policies, their procedures and policies.
“I had a chance to go and see and the finished product looks great. I have been amazed at how little disruption it was, with the painting going on during business hours. I think it is a testament to the quality of work of you and your staff. Thanks.” Marion C. Building owner on Broadview Avenue.
Reasons to Choose Ecopainting
- Extensive list of clients.
- Experience with all facilities, public or private.
- Able to work after business hours without compromising quality.
- Technical knowledge & product support.
- Trained and uniformed staff and painters
- 5 Million Liability Insurance, WSIB, Safety certifications.
- Clear Environmental policies.
Information for Residential Customers
You follow decorating trends in magazines and collect colour ideas for different rooms in your home. It’s now time to call in the professionals! You google “painting services” and ask some friends if they know any good contractors. As expected, they all promises “quality work at reasonable prices”. Before calling anybody and requesting quotes, what should your expectations be? Will this be a pleasant experience? Right from the initial contact, Ecopainting uses the following procedures:
The Consultation Process
The moment you contact us, we set up an appointment to meet and discuss your project. The purpose of this meeting is to find out what is important to you and to assess your needs. Here we can talk about colours and paints and discuss your decorating ideas. This is the perfect time to ask all the important questions. We welcome detailed questions about the process or any concerns you might have. Don’t be afraid to ask about our painters. We are proud of of them, and love talking about them. Our painters are what makes our company. Perhaps you live in a condo, loft or townhouse. There are regulations for contractors working in condo buildings. This is a good time to discuss the contractor’s experience with condominiums.
The Estimate and Proposal
It includes, among other things, the painting work that we discussed. The “Scope of Work” lists what gets gets painted and what does not. How many coats of paint, what type of primer and on which areas. The level of prep work and how we plan to protect customer property. This is an important part, for both the customer and the painting contractor. A lot of customer/contractor relationships can go south if the scope is not detailed. The “Colour Schedule” is part of this proposal if you chose colours at this stage. Sometimes a colour consultant will prepare a separate colour schedule. The proposal also includes important imformation about our painting company. Insurance documentation, references information, warranty information, etc. The Pricing is the cost of the whole job, or detailed pricing for separate options. Ecopainting will never change the price unless the scope of work changes. Before any such change, the customer and the contractor have to agree in writing. A good proposal adds transparency to the contracting process. Transparency is the foundation for a nightmare free experience.
The Actual Work and the Customer Experience.
You decided that Ecopainting will be your contractor, so what’s next?
- Our office will schedule a tentative start date and will confirm it a few days before.
- A Job Manager will work with you right from the start. Her or his responsibility is to carry out the scope of work as it appears in the proposal. The Job Manager will review the scope of work and final colours with you. This is where we discuss the necessary arrangements. Your schedule and times you leave/return from work. Do you want the painters to lock up for you? Are there concerns about children, family members or pets during the job? What about parking spaces, washroom use, electricity, etc. The Job Manager will secure all these details and will plan the job with you. It’s a good idea to exchange contact information for daily reporting or emergencies. You should be confident that you chose the best Painters possible.
- The painters in your home will be our own employees. You will always know who is in your home. They will be trained, friendly and signed in every day.
- They will cover your floors and protect your furniture and belongings. At the end of the day they will clean the work areas.
- The paints will be eco-friendly with minimal odour, no matter what the colour is.
- Throughout the process, the communication channels will stay open. And finally, at the end there will be a walk-through to ensure that the scope of work is completed. This is the time to address any final concerns.
This is the exact process that we use to delivers a Nightmare Free Experience.
“Karon and her team surpassed my expectations. The prep work meticulous and great attention was also paid to all the coats of paint. George helped with paint colours and visited our home twice before the work started. I ‘d recommend Ecopainting to anyone”
Kim and Peter M. High Park area of Toronto
Online Reviews. Will they Prevent the Nightmares?
Earning a solid reputation takes diligence and hard work. Some business will never earn it or even deserve it. Unfortunately, fake reviews is a shortcut to a good reputation for many companies. In a 2011 Harvard Business School study, a researcher found that restaurants that increased their ranking on Yelp by one star raised their revenues by 5 to 9 percent.
Online reviews is big business. Some companies even receive money from contractors being reviewed. The internet is practically littered with fake reviews. This New York Times story was about some New York companies that were fined a total of $350,000 for posting fake reviews.
Consumer stories like the following are too common:
- Contractors run away with the cash deposit.
- Painter promises everything and completes nothing.
- The price they quoted was only for one coat.
- Painting the ceilings would cost extra.
- There is paint on the floors, the sink, even the furniture.
- The dust is everywhere in the house.
Do these stories depict a real picture of our industry? Not if you hired a professional painting company who cares about it’s customers.
What about the companies that have hundreds of positive reviews? They seem to have the qualifications, even carry all necessary insurance. Some of them are good and reputable contractors but some are unethical. Investigating their reviews may reveal that they wrote many of them themselves. Would you trust and hire a contractor that floods the internet with fake reviews? If their ethics are questionable now, there will be problems throughout the process. Are they really insured? Are their employees really employees?
The Government of Canada has enacted strong legislation to protect the consumer. The Competition Bureau prohibits the distortion of authorized “tests and testimonials”. Companies cheating can face some serious fines for misleading consumers.
There is no shortcut to doing your due diligence. Ask the contractor for references and some phone numbers. Why not talk to some of their previous customers. A happy customer will share their positive experiences, of course. Asking their customers detailed questions will give you a real insight to their experience.
The “eco” in Ecopainting.
Ecopainting is a pioneer in the Toronto green painting scene. 15 years ago we changed our company name to Ecopainting Inc. Being an eco-friendly painting company at the time was a niche. The feeling was that nobody would pay money for a green contractor. Glidden Lifemaster and Benjamin Moore Ecospec were the main low VOC paints available. During that time, anything ”eco” or “green” was becoming trendy. There was just a handful of companies with green services at the time. Driven by consumers and the greener marketplace, things changed for the better since. Paints and products became safer for the consumer and better for the environment. Zero VOC is now the new standard for manufacturers. The eco-friendly bandwagon is getting crowded as more painters are marketing themselves as green. This is a positive development for our industry but what is next? Where do we go from here?
We think that contractors have a responsibility to take green to the next level. Using zero VOC paint is a good practice, but not enough. Next on the agenda should be the adoption of basic green operating procedures.
- Responsible waste disposal.
- Careful usage of water when washing paint brushes, rollers etc.
- Recycling of leftover paints and materials.
- Transportation alternatives for the painters and equipment.
- Green office and shop procedures.
Painting Services & availability in the GTA.
The GTA includes the municipalities of Toronto, Durham, Halton, Peel and York. This is a large area with a growing population of over 6 million as of 2011. Ecopainting has painters throughout the GTA and crews for almost any size project.
Visit our New Location in Mississauga!
- Interior and exterior painting.
- New construction bidding and painting.
- Wallpaper removal and wall repairs.
- Colour consulting by certified consultants.
- Property services: maintenance, condo building and townhouse painting.
- Home Services: deck staining, kitchen cabinet painting, minor carpentry, pressure washing.
To experience Ecopainting and our professionalism, call 416 733-7767