A number of our painters call Pickering their home and are happy to be working close to home. Our service area in the Durham region starts from Oshawa in the east and continues west to the Rouge and the Petticoat Creek. In the North we painted for customers in Uxbridge, even painted a community centre in Claremont. Being only 6 kilometers from our shop on Morningside Avenue, Pickering is a very convenient area for our crews to be commuting to. Ecopainting is a full service residential and commercial painting contractor in the GTA, offering both interior and exterior services for the local residents.
Ecopainting is Delivering Professional Home Painting Services in Pickering
In Pickering, development has been historically slow because of the environmentally sensitive and agricultural lands. Despite the environmental limitations, a big number of our residential work is comprised of newer subdivision and custom homes. We literally applied thousands of gallons of quality paint over the dreaded builder’s flat.
The most important paint job for a home is the first one after the builder’s. Because of settlement of building materials, there are cracks in the corners and some drywall screws need to be reset.
The best thing a homeowner can do is to hire a painting company that will invest the time to deliver a quality job. It makes no sense to replace a sub-par paint job with another one of questionable quality. Ecopainting is located in Scarborough and positioned well to take care of the painting needs of our Pickering clients. We are in this for the long run and always building long term relationships. We want the first professional paint job your home receives to be the best. Our company’s reputation depends on it.
What is a quality job for a newer home?
- First, all the cracks and the popped drywall screws should be repaired.
- Before applying the paint, the walls should be sanded and all the imperfections addressed.
- Most subdivision homes have poor quality paint that feels like chalk. The best way to fix that is by applying a good quality primer to all the porous surfaces.
- Upgrade the paint. You will spend a lot of effort and money for a paint job. The cost of the paint itself is small in comparison, why not invest in top quality paint?
- Paint the ceilings now. Painting them a few years later is difficult, as you don’t want to mess up the new paint of the walls.
- Do you have popcorn textured ceiling? Some homeowners don’t like that look and remove it. This is generally a messy process and should be done before painting the walls.
Ecopainting interior services: decorating new and older homes, colour consulting, wallpaper removal, kitchen cabinet painting, plaster and drywall repairs. We now offer popcorn ceiling removal services.
Exterior services include painting, minor carpentry, pressure washing and deck staining.
Pickering Customer Comments and testimonials
Debbie H. Residential, interior: “Aziz and Lennox were not only professional and punctual, but a pleasure to have work in our home. We didn’t even know they were here. Their quality of work truly makes them an asset to your company.”
Mary B. Pickering, interior: “The chick painters as my neighbour called them, were friendly, efficient and nice to have in our home. They tried to keep mess to a minimum and I would gladly recommend them, as they were recommended to me.”
Josie & Aaron M, interior: “The painters were extremely accommodating and flexible. They did a great job and we are very satisfied with the work that they did. Everything looks great! We would definitely use their services again and would recommend Ecopainting to others.”
Commercial Painting Services in Pickering
A major part of our work in Durham Region is our commercial contracting. As far back as 2002 we had the opportunity to paint the national headquarters of VW Canada in Ajax. All work had to be done after hours, without any disruption to the staff. We used the new at the time zero VOC and Eco-friendly paints. That project finished successfully, on time and on budget. Years later, it is still a great source of pride for our painters. This project helped us obtain more dealership commercial contracts throughout the GTA. One of our first commercial painting jobs in Mississauga was the VW dealership in Erin Mills. Since then, we painted a lot more business and office space, retail stores and institutions in Pickering.
- Tasco Appliances: in 2011 this major appliance retailer in the GTA contracted Ecopainting to paint all their locations in the GTA. Their Pickering location on Highway 2 at Dixie road was one of the locations we painted. All of the work was done late at night in December.
- Volvo of Durham: keeping with our experience servicing the automotive industry, we painted most of the front of this facility. (Update: the dealership closed in June 2012).
- Go Transit location: we painted some of their office and employee space at Bayly and Liverpool.
- Monarch Kitchen and Bath Centre. This well known client was established in 1981 and is located at 120 Brock Road in Pickering. We painted most of their facility in 2014. Monarch was one of our better commercial customers and our crew enjoyed painting their space. 2014 was the year that Monarch was honoured with a Business Excellence Award from the Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade. Well deserved recognition for a great company!
Ecopainting is a full service painting company specializing in commercial interior and exterior service. Our painters are well trained and work hard to complete commercial projects of any size.
Summer 2017 – Recent Project – Painting of Home in Pickering’s Amberlea
This is a pretty home in the Amberlea neighbourhood of Pickering. The homeowners Jim and Karen, purchased a home in Nova Scotia and planning to move there. There was a prolonged period of “sellers market” in the GTA Real Estate. In the the spring of 2017 the housing market finally came back to normal.
Our estimator met with the customers and agreed to paint some rooms with a warmer colour, to make the home decor appear more neutral. We painted the powder room, kitchen, living room, dining room and master bedroom. We used Sherwin Williams paints and the wall colour was Dover White SW 6385. The Dining room ceiling and crown moulding was painted in ceiling white.
The transformation was evident and sure to help with the sale of the home. The customers were so impressed by the hard work and professionalism of our painters, they emailed us the following comments after only the first day of work:
“Wanted to leave you a note on how impressed we are by the two young ladies/professional painters at our home today. They are very respectful, knowledgeable about their trade and made us glad we chose ECO Painting…they are work horses!”
After the job was completed, Jim and Karen posted the following review on our Facebook Page:
“The job is now complete and we are just as impressed as the first day! glad we added the master bedroom paint to the original order! it looks fabulous! The transformation in the living/dining rooms and powder room is amazing! We highly recommend your services if people need great, qualified painters! Showed up on time, never took breaks! we kept bugging them to take a break, but once they get going…they GO!!! Thank you ECO Painting!”
Pickering is a beautiful city to both live and work in. There is a lot of growth in the near future for both the residential and commercial sectors. We can only hope that the City of Pickering will continue to take sustainability seriously. In business, Pickering is growing economically due to its “EN3″ cluster: ENergy, ENvironment, and ENgineering. As an eco-friendly contractor working in the area, we hope to contribute to it’s sustainable growth.
Please call us at 416 733-7767 to discuss painting your home or business. Painting Services are also available in nearby Whitby